Eagle Rewards Club
Human Resources - HR Specialist
Supervisor: Human Resources Manager
Gaming License: Category II
Job Level: 2 - Light duty
Organize and coordinate the casino's Benefits for the orientation and departmental training. Maintains the Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) from implementation for new applications, to the upkeep of the day to day support for current employees. This may include but not limited to employee relations, training, development, benefits, compensations, organizational development, and employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enrolls employees in the Casino's health, dental, vision, 401k, disability programs and the life insurance programs.
- Assures compliance with COBRA guidelines by preparing letters and other paperwork as directed; receives and records COBRA insurance premium payments.
- Reviews enrollment forms for accuracy and coordinated enrollment.
- Assists Payroll in the correspondence of Personal Action Forms (PAF), Salary Action Forms (SAF), Request from Transfer Forms, Signature cards, W-4 Forms, K-4 Forms, Direct Deoposit Form, 401 k Form, and all new hire personal data.
- Assist employees with benefits, maintain employee data base, supplemental payroll, manage all insurance billings and maintain employee files.
- Research and process workmen's compensation.
- In the absense of the HUman Resources Manager; communicate with Kansas Department of Labor in regards to unemployment claims and report to Manager's details of Unemployment claims.
- Respond to correspondence from outside agencies.
- Communicate with insurance carriers as needed.
- Assist in the annual bid process for insurance carriers.
- Conducts follow up reports and monthly reports with the Department Managers concerning all workmen's comp.
- Maintains the orientation timeline, development and training program for all new hires.
- Counsel employee and new applicants on self services for Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS).
- Responsible for all applicants, new hire and current files which also includes processing.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manager multiple tasks and give attention to details.
- Must be proficient in computer, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access, also must be able to use Internet and e-mail.
- Must process excellent communication skills, ability to effectively present material to front line team members and management.
- Must process excellent interpersonal skills; ability to listen and interact in a professional manner with team members and management.
- Must be able to operate or learn to operate audio and video equipment including laptops, projectors, VCR/DVD player, digital cameras, etc.
- Performs duties of other HR Staff as needed.
- All other duties as assigned by Human Resources Manager.
Access to sensitive areas and information:
- Hard copy and electronic files of all employee personnel files.
Education and Experience:
- Requires Bachelors Degree in related field, or will substitute Associates Degree in related field with 2+ years experience with employee benefit programs, worker's compensation, Human Resource administration and general liabilities.
Follow us on
Play for fun, not because you have to play!
for help with a gambling problem.
Eagle Rewards Club
© Golden Eagle Casino.com. All rights reserved | Best viewed in IE 7 and above or Firefox at 1024x768